Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Jar Labels

I have slowly been trying to clean out and reorganize my pantry.  I think whenever you can take food out of the boxes that they come in and put them in canisters or jars it is much more appealing to the eyes.  I always try and put cereal, baking goods, snacks, pasta, and rice in jars.  Recently I decided that labels would not only improve the look but will also help with keeping everything more organized.  

Supplies:
Chalkboard contact paper
Cricut Mini
Chalk Marker (new best friend)
    
Yes, have you heard of these things?  I like making labels with chalkboard contact paper because they are  easy to change and you can reuse them.  But my one MAJOR complaint was the chalk would always rub off and the label would be half gone.  That was until I heard of a chalk marker!  Once I write with the chalk marker it STAYS put until I wipe it off with water and a paper towel.  Anyone using chalkboard labels I highly recommend getting one.  I got mine at Joann's.


Using my Cricut Mini I cut out the shape and sizes I needed for my jars.
 
Cured it by rubbing chalk all over the label.

 
Wiped them clean with a paper towel.

Placed them on my jars and wrote what was in each one.
 
Simple, quick update!

4 comments:

  1. SO cute! I love it! I had no idea there was such a thing as chalkboard contact paper! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. where do you get chalkboad contact paper from... it looks great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it at pickyourplum.com. Everyday they have one craft related item on sale for a great discount. You should check it out, really great site!

      Delete
  3. I can't get enough chalkboard labels! They are simply fantastic and I love that you can always change out the contents and keep the pretty label!

    Thank you so much for linking up and sharing!

    xoxo,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete